Getting the “unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped” error on Android devices? there’s no need to panic at all. While there are many reasons why you are facing Google Play Services has stopped error like Snapchat tap to load. Wrong settings or running an unofficial custom ROM can also be a reason behind this issue. Depending on the cause, you can apply a fix to this problem to make it work again. It is really annoying when Google Play Service has stopped unexpectedly message keeps popping on the screen. If you have been getting this error lately, then you must read this post till the end to know everything about it including the possible fixes.
Remember that Google Play Store has stopped working problem is not because of the service crash, but because of the framework. While the particular reason for this problem is still unknown, there are some common fixes available that you can apply to your device. It’s not hard to fix Google Play services keeps stopping or any other Google Play Store error messages. Instead of using any app or tool to fix it, we recommend making changes manually to your device. So, without wasting more time, let’s learn how to solve unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped message continually popping up on the screen.
- 6 Methods To Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped
- Method #1. Clear The Cache (Google Play Services\Framework)
- Method #2. Uninstall Google Play Services Updates
- Method #3. Update Google Play Store App
- Method #4. Reset App Preferences
- Method #5. Reboot Your Device
- Method #6. Add Google Account Again To Device
- Final Words
6 Methods To Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped
Your search for how to fix Google Play services keeps stopping error ends here. Below we have mentioned top working ways to solve Play Store stopped working problem. Before moving, you can try scanning your device with a good antivirus to ensure your device is not affected by any virus. If the problem persists, then you can follow the methods mentioned on this page. Another thing to remember is that you must restart your device after following a method and try to run the Play Store or Play Services app again to see if the problem has been fixed. Even if you are looking for Nox unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped solution, you can follow these methods.
- Also Read About: Best Android Launcher Without Ads
Method #1. Clear The Cache (Google Play Services\Framework)
Clearing the Google Play Store cache solves the Google Play service has stopped problem most of the time. Google Play Services app, basically acts just like a framework for all the Google Play apps installed on your Android device. Clearing its cache from the settings menu could fix this problem. Follow these easy steps to clear the Google Play store cache.
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Now scroll down and open the Google Play Services app.
- Tap app details and click the Force Stop button.
- Now click on Storage.
- Then, tap on the Clear Cache button.
Google Play Services cache and Google Services Framework cache are two different things. The Google Services Framework is an an Android system app that stores information and helps you sync it with Google servers. This is the service that keeps Google Play Services running. Maybe that’s why unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped keeps popping up on your screen:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Scroll and tap on the Google Services Framework app to open it.
- Tap on the app details button and Force Stop it.
- Now click on the Storage option.
- Now click on the Clear Cache button.
Method #2. Uninstall Google Play Services Updates
If you have a rooted Android mobile, then you can uninstall updates related to Google Play Services right from the app manager. Devices that don’t have root access can’t uninstall updates because it is a Bloatware service like FileRepMetagen. This is a perfect way to fix unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped after factory reset. Didn’t have a rooted Android? No worries, you can still deactivate the Google Android Device Manager by following the methods mentioned below:
Using Google Play Services:
- Open Apps -> Google Play Services.
- Click on 3 dots to open options (upper right).
- Now tap on Uninstall Updates.
Using Android Device Manager:
- First of all open Settings of your phone, and tap on Security.
- Now scroll down and open Device Administration.
- Now click on the Google Android Device Manager option.
- You can see an option to deactivate Android Device Manager, uncheck it.
Method #3. Update Google Play Store App
If you have deactivated the Android device manager previously, then enable it back. Google Play Store app won’t update unless the Android manager app is deactivated. If Google Play services keep stopping for you, then updating the app will fix this problem for sure. You can’t update it normally as Play Store won’t open. So, you will have to download Google Play Store APK file and install it on your device to install the latest updates. You can use the link mentioned below to get the latest Google Play Store APK file.
Method #4. Reset App Preferences
Resetting app preferences fixes, unfortunately google play store has stopped error too. If you don’t know how to fix unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped on Android phone then you can simply follow this method as it can help you in fixing issues with other apps too.
- Open Settings and click on Apps.
- Now tap on three dots (upper right) to bring more options.
- Tap on Reset App Preferences.
- A pop-up message will appear, just ignore it and click on Reset Apps.
Method #5. Reboot Your Device
Restarting devices can solve many problems, and the Google Play store has stopped error can be solved too. If you are facing this problem often, then before doing anything reboot your device. If that doesn’t fix your Google Services has terminated error, then resetting the device might work.
- Also Read About: iOS Emulator For Windows
Method #6. Add Google Account Again To Device
If you are looking for a guide on how do you fix unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped smart TV then you can try re-adding your Google account to the device. This will temporarily stop all apps to use your Google Account and when you log in back, the apps will start the syncing process from starting. Here’s how you can remove and add Google account on Android devices.
- First of all open Settings of your device, and click on Accounts.
- Now every app that has an associated account will appear, click on Google.
- You’ll see a list of all connected Google accounts. Click on any of them.
- Now, click on 3 dots (upper right) to bring more options.
- Finally, click on Remove Account to remove your Google account.
- To add a Google account again, open settings and click on Accounts.
- Now click on Add Accounts, and enter your Gmail ID and password.
- Reboot your device to make changes.
So, this is how to remove unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped error on Android devices. There are many other ways available to get rid of Google Play services has stopped problem but the methods we’ve mentioned in this post work best among all. You can follow them on all types of Android mobile and tablet devices.
We will keep adding more Android unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped fixes, so keep visiting StockPop to know about them. If you know about any other working methods to fix Google Play services has stopped unexpectedly, then let us know about them via comments below so we can add them to this list.